Hi there! This blog has moved to http://www.noformatblog.ca. You can get to this post directly by clicking here.
I almost labelled this as the “Monthly Podcast Subscription Post” but thought better of it. I’d like to have this as a regular feature on the blog, but I don’t know yet if it’s going to be monthly or maybe less frequent. Either way, I think the format may change, but you’re going to see this kind of post pop up more than once!
I subscribe and listen to a lot of podcasts. Usually, I don’t have the time to listen to more than a few in a day, so I tend to be pretty picky when it comes to adding or dropping shows. I have no problem trying out new shows if I like the description or it comes recommended, but I quickly drop shows from my rotation if it doesn’t “do it” for me.
These posts won’t have much info added to them, with the exception of new subscriptions & dropped subscriptions. For those, I’ve got a brief write-up of why I added / dropped the subscription.
(Podcasts with an episode in the last 90 days)
- Cynical Cartoons
- Overthinking It
- Toronto Blue Jays Podcast
- Harry Potter and the Sacred Text
- A Cast of Kings
- Make Dad Read Comics
- Engage: The Official Star Trek Podcast
- The Night Time Podcast
- CBC Radio 3 Podcast
- Writing Excuses
- Mission Log: A Roddenberry Star Trek Podcast
- Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder
- A STORM OF SPOILERS
- Hokey Religion: The Star Wars Podcast
- The Benchcast
- Missing & Murdered: Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- Sens Callups
- Almost Educational
- Here’s The Thing with Alec Baldwin
- Good Job, Brain!
- Transporter Room 3: The Star Trek Podcast
- Under the Influence
- Anthology – The Twilight Zone and Classic Sci-Fi
- Birds All Day
- Polaris Podcast
- Side Hustle School
- Why I added it: I’m skeptical of this one but the subject matter is something I’m interested in: “A daily show for everyone who works a regular job and wants to start an income – earning project on the side . In each episode , listeners will hear a different story of someone who ‘s started a side hustle – along with what went well , how that person overcame challenges , and what happened as a result . The show is written and hosted by Chris Guillebeau , the New York Times bestselling author of The $ 100 Startup , The Happiness of Pursuit , and other books.”
- Twenty Thousand Hertz
- Why I added it: this was based on description alone. It sounds like it’s a podcast about Sound Design, something that is inherently COOL: “You may not think about the sounds you hear every day but somebody has . The voice in your phone the effects in your video games that drum machine in your favorite song There are people – and stories – behind every one of them . Join your host , Dallas Taylor , on an exploration of the stories behind the world ‘s most recognizable and interesting sounds.”
- The Pitch
- Why I added it: based on the description, I figured I’d give it a try. After all I like Shark Tank / Dragon’s Den a little: “A show where entrepreneurs pitch investors for funding Like Shark Tank , but smarter”
- Steele Wars : Star Wars Podcast
- Why I added it: Steele has appeared a few times on Plumbing The Death Star and I wanted to add some more SW content to my list.
- Beware & Warning
- Why I dropped it: The humour just wasn’t for me. I felt that the length of the shows was also too long for what I wanted from the episodes. I respect the work they do but it’s just not a show for me.
(I haven’t declared these “dead” yet…)
- Eric and the Legion
- Radio Free Burrito
- The Adam Sandcast
- The 6th Sens Podcast
- Rathole Radio
- TV CRIMES
- Memories of the Futurecast
- Days of Old